What's in my hospital bag - packing for mama

18:06

I had the majority of my bag packed by the time I got to 28 weeks, adding any final clothing items closer to d-day (so I knew what still fit!) The photos below won't show all the items I've included, but I'll list everything as it stands today at 37 weeks.

Packing for Mama


My case itself is ANCIENT! I bought this from Marks and Spencer when my then-boyfriend-now-husband and I first started dating and I used to go and visit him at his university. I believe they still have some similar ones available at the moment, but what I love so much about this bag is that once it's unzipped, it's so easy to see everything inside while also being deep enough to pack everything for a long weekend.

 From left to right
  1. Toiletry bag (breakdown below)
  2. Make-up bag (breakdown below)
  3. White waffle dressing gown from M&S
  4. Nursing pyjamas from JoJo Maman Bebe
  5. Nursing nightdress from JoJo Maman Bebe
  6. Disposable maternity knickers x 7 from Boots
  7. Disposable breast pads (Tommee Tippee) from Amazon
  8. 2 packs of 10 maternity pads from Boots
  9. Grey slippers from M&S bought last Christmas (I'm hoping Father Christmas might bring me some new ones this Christmas as these are on their last legs now...)
  10. Maternity tankini from Mamalicious
  11. Cotton maternity knickers x 2
  12. Nursing bras x 2 (Not pictured) one is from Bravissimo and the other is from John Lewis
  13. Sleep bra x 1
  14. Tissues x 2 (thinking mainly of visitors here!)
  15. Femfresh wipes x 1 from Boots
  16. Socks x 3 
  17. Homemade laundry bag for dirty washing
As my pregnancy progressed I did a big online order from Boots, covering the majority of things I needed for my hospital bag. That way, I could just pick up other bits as/when I did my weekly grocery shop. My maternity pyjamas I had to make a special trip out of town for and I could not recommend JoJo Maman Bebe enough! Their staff are friendly, helpful and understanding and for the first time in my pregnancy, made me feel special (and not an inconvenience).

I have two outfits packed as well, a black dress from Mothercare I bought earlier in the year that still (just!) fits and this gorgeous navy and white stripe maternity dress from Asos accompanied with various cardigans/leggings etc.

What's in my toiletry bag

From left to right, front row to back row
  1. Boots Smile toothbrushes (one's for my husband!)
  2. Palmers Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark Cream - I haven't used this at all during my pregnancy so can't advise if it works. I bought it purely because of the size of the bottle!
  3. Lansinoh Lanolin nipple cream
  4. Sanex Zero % sensitive skin shower gel decanted into a small travel bottle
  5. Travel size Aussie Miracle Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner
  6. Sure roll-on aqua crystal deodorant (I bought this purely for its small size!)
  7. Travel size Garnier micellar water (I use this as part of my daily facial routine)
  8. Vaseline rosy lips lip balm
  9. Simple Kind to Skin Replenishing Rich moisturiser decanted into a travel bottle
  10. Magicool Body & Face spray (this was given to me from my best friend who swore by it during her labour so I thought I may as well throw it in) 
  11. Eye mask (this one was free with a flight but the best one I have at home was also from Boots)
  12. Hair clip and hair bobble
  13. Travel expanding body sponges x 2 from Boots. I bought these with the idea they would be soft and easily disposable
  14. Tangle teaser hairbrush
  15. Handful of cotton wool pads
  16. Travel size Simple make-up removal wipes
Make-up bag
  1. Rimmel clear complexion face powder in 021 transparent
  2. Rimmerl natural bronzer in 022 sun bronze
  3. Headband
  4. Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation in Intensity 2.0
  5. Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer in 02 Light Medium
  6. Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express mascara 100% black
  7. Max Factor Colour Elixir lipstick in Simply Nude 725
  8. Avon SuperShock Gel Eyeliner pencil in Black
  9. Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 10 Nude Mauve
  10. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer in Eden
  11. Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow palette
  12. A selection of my Royal & Langnickel make-up brushes
My make-up bag is a cut down version of my everyday make-up, except I usually use my Blush Professionals 88 Colour Hot Earth Eyeshadow Palette which you'll see from the link is massive and totally impractical for travelling!
I'll let you know after Baby Tweedale if my packing was spot on or whether or not I should have condensed it further or added some other items.

Wish me luck!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest

Subscribe