Going for the chop!

23:01

I did it! After many years I've built up the confidence to go for the chop. (If you want to see what my hair was like before, here's a link to an older blog post.) Blunt styles suit my fine hair type the best, so I decided to go for a long angled bob. As you can see I'm still(!) growing my fringe out, so I think once the front is all the same length, it will probably be a bit easier to style. 


Now if I'm honest, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to my hair, so I'm still getting used to having to 'do' this style. My hair is naturally wavy and the shorter it is, the waver it gets, it seems. If I have time, I avoid blow drying my hair, instead leaving it to dry naturally, and then if I need to style it, I use my straighteners - as quickly as possible to avoid damaging my hair more than I have to!


Here I had blown-dried my hair first (I was off out for my husband's birthday and didn't have time to wait for it to dry), then running my GHD IV stylers over the top, angling the irons in slightly at the ends. In terms of products, I use LOreal Elvive Fibrology Thickness Creation, with either TRESemme heat defence or TRESemme smooth straightening spray, finished either with a slick of serum if it's humid outside, or some Silvikrin Firm Hold hairspray.


As you can see, I'm still getting used to doing the back as it was still a bit wavy. Have you changed your style drastically this autumn? Have you had to learn how to style your new do? If you've any advice for how to style a long angled bob, leave me a comment below!

Laura x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest

Subscribe