Spring make up cosmetics haul

21:50

It's been a little while since my last post - as you'll know I've just moved house and the new one is a renovation project (that's an understatement!). Taking time-out from ripping out 20 year-old carpet and Anna glypta wallpaper, here's my spring make-up update:

Nars Blusher in Orgasm


I've coveted this blusher for a while now, but after I did the cardinal sin of blushers and threw mine around in my handbag (it's now a cloud of particles in the lining of my Paul Costello), it was time to invest. It's a great colour for blondes, as it's very subtle - no dolly faces here! I've always struggled to keep my blusher on - 35 minutes and it's like it's vanished into thin air! Cream, powder or tint, I always try to test longevity before I invest. I'm pleased to say this product stays the distance, with or without primer. With a warm undertone and just a hint of sparkle, it's a really easy go-to staple that'll be a firm favourite of mine for a long while!

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden

I first used their eyeshadow primer potion in nude/no-colour, (the silver and purple tube) when I was trialling products for my wedding day. If you have hooded eyes, or your eye make up has the habit of gravitating to the creases, I can't stress enough what a must have this is. With its silky texture, it's easy to apply - I just use my fingertips - and is even great on its own if you're looking for a 'no make-up' look as it covers dark circles and blemishes without being 'cakey'. I love that by the end of a long day, come rain or shine, commuting or trudging the streets, my eye shadow still looks as good as when I first applied it. Better yet, a little goes a very, very long way, so it really is good value for money.

L'Oreal Paris Collagen Wrinkle Decrease Collagen Re-Plumper Night Cream 50ml

Funny story, I asked my husband to pick me up a night-cream next time he was passing the local chemist. My only request was that it's not Nivea (for some reason, I'm allergic) and if there was a sale or promotion, see what looks good value for money. He brought me this! After my initial dig about "you think I need anti-aging?" (he 'assures' me he hadn't read the packaging) I am so pleased he picked it up! If you have combination, or dry skin, its creamy texture feels like such a treat to apply at the end of a hard day at work. Also, if you're worried about wrinkles, the re-plumper status they market it as is well deserved. While I'm not particularly worried about wrinkles, I am approaching 30, and find that is helps sooth my eye area after I remove my make-up.

New nails - from day, to night

As you know, I'm in a bit of a decorating nightmare with my new house (new post to follow when I have one room done!). My nails have to be short, short, short! It's not practical when sanding Poly-filler or nailing floorboards. That said, I don't want to look scruffy at work, and found Revlon's Colourstay in Natural Pink gives a great, smart look that dried quickly. However, because it's a very glossy finish, sometimes if I'm in a rush and haven't painted them particularly neaytly, I find a top coat of Revlon's Brilliant Strength in Enchant (080) means it covers any bumps, and gives a bit of girly sparkle too.

I picked up this L'Oreal Paris nail polish in Spicy Orange because I like to keep my toe nails polished with a fun, bright colour. When I'm washing plaster from my hair (yes, I've just had a go plastering a ceiling), or scrubbing gloss-paint from my arms, seeing my ugly feet looking neat, pretty, and frankly rather silly, will always help to cheer me up.

L'Oreal Paris lipstick in Taffeta (number 232)

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect 'nude' lipstick - I must have almost 20! When L'Oreal launched their naturals ranged, grouping colours to suit the 'average' skin tones associated with blondes, brunettes and redheads, I was a bit skeptical. Yes, I'm blonde (back to blonde now, but click here to see my post when I went from blonde to brunette) but I don't have the classic 'Scandinavian' pale skin tone and light eyes of the women in their posters. I was wrong! This L'Oreal Paris lipstick in Taffeta (number 232) is my go-to staple. In fact, I wear it almost every morning to work now.

Here's a couple of snaps of me wearing the products I've mentioned above:
The Urban Decay primer makes applying eyeshadow a breeze - and helps with blending colours too!
My daily make up for work - I'd used the Urban Decay eyeprimer under my eyeshadow, the L'Oreal naturals lipstick Taffeta and the Nars blusher in Orgasm. A little goes a long way!
Lord & Berry Luminizer stick in Moon (1152)

I'm not wearing this product in the photos above, but I'm now a bit addicted! With many 'highlighting' products, they can often leave you with a very obvious line or stripe, despite how much you blend, which completely goes against the point of this using this product - to give you a natural look. I've tried many different creams and powder highlighters, matte or with a sparkle, and find so many just look fake. I'd not used a Lord & Berry product before, but am really pleased with this purchase! It is by far the closest I've found to a subtle highlight that looks as good in day as it does at night.

Have you just updated your make up? What products are in your top 3? I'd love to hear in the comments below.

Laura x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Pinterest

Subscribe